Saturday, September 8, 2012

Cancer Caddie Cure

Hi All!

I met with my oncologist at UM Sylvester in Miami yesterday. He is wonderful and so positive.

He told me I have Hodgkins Lymphoma- Stage 3A. I am almost a 2, but have a tiny spot on my spleen. The prognosis is very positive. This disease isn't about remission.. IT'S ABOUT A CURE. There is a 90% cure rate for HL. If you are a women, under 45, don't have cancer in bone marrow, are in good health, etc...you have an even better CURE rate. I'm all of those...yay!

Now I get to celebrate with my old and new golf team! Here's to kicking cancer to the curb :)

3 comments:

  1. You are so positive, such an inspiration!!

    I have a couple of questions... how did you find out you had lymphoma? What were your symptoms?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :). I'm determined to have my positive attitude help my healing process!

    I found a lump on my neck while applying tanning lotion! I really thought it was nothing. Other symptoms most HL patients have are: weight loss, night sweats, chills, fatigue, etc. I don't have any of these...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a surgical biopsy and PET scan. These confirmed the Hodgkins Lymphoma. Now that I feel my neck and chest I can feel several lumps or enlarged nodes...

    ReplyDelete